Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the love of money is the root of all evil..

So tonight, Patrick is starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University through our church. This is a great program and it really helps changing your mindset from spending money to saving money. This has been something that Patrick and I have talked about since the beginning of our marriage. It always seems like something unexpected happens and we end up using our savings. So, now that we are about to start this, I have very tempted to go out and spend tons of money.
1. Our camera is broken. Calen was playing photographer and now the lens is broken. It is going to cost a lot of money to get it fixed, but blogging is just not as much fun without pictures.
2. I have to get a new crown on my front tooth. (Never knew that breaking my front tooth roller skating in the 3rd grade would be this expensive!) The dentist wants me (or I want me) to whiten my teeth to match the new crown. Only $400.
3. I have a new house and I am changing color schemes. Pottery Barn was nice enough to send me a 10% off coupon for moving. Too bad that I want to spend about $200, so it will still cost me about $180 for new throw pillows.
4. We went to see Rebecca and Nick Moon's new house last night. They are crazy and, already in the 4 days since they have moved, had the house painted and played extreme home makeover in their girls' new rooms. I felt like going out and buying ten gallons of paint right then.
Satan knows right where to hit me!


** Fun memory from childhood - dinner tonight - english muffin pizzas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is freaking great!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rebeccamoon said...

i promise we had no satanic intentions....
if it makes you feel any better, that coconut cream pie you made is sabotage as well. :)

Trent & Mary Katherine Cloer said...

Hey chick-

Look at our blog- I tagged you-