Thursday, August 21, 2008

random thought and the urge to share

So finally a post from Patrick...

Today I am exceedingly thankful.

I turned on the computer to check the blog, and the music started and I was drawn in. Now, those of you who know me know that I am, at my core, a music person. Music resonates in my soul. Anyway..."From The Inside Out" started playing when I got on the blog and I was immediately emmersed in the presence of God. I was immmediately prostrate in my heart, and consumed by the glory of God. I clicked unknowingly into a God moment, and was reminded that although I have failed thousands of times His mercy is still available and His grace is still sufficient.

Then as if I needed another reminder, "In My Place" came on, and God reminded me that, inspite of his longstanding goodness toward me, I spend a lot of time running from Him, and there is not a thing I can do to change that.

I was then pointed toward Colossians 2:6-7:

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksfulness.

Then the next song..."Here Comes the Sun". I'll let you connect the dots:)

Then as I spent a few more minutes meditating on the words from Colossians, I got the urge to share some words God had put in my heart over the last few weeks (Maybe Gregg can help put them to music):

You are my glory
I will praise not other name
I will sing of Your goodness
And declare Your fame

In my life's story
There is none but you
I will sing of Your mercy
And declare Your truth

No comments: